DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR EMPLOYEES
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or which is likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data of European citizens or residents (“EU Personal Data”) is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (referred to herein as the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
G3 Translate and all of their affiliated and subsidiary entities (collectively, “G3 Translate”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are a “data controller” of your personal information. This means that G3 Translate has control of your personal information and may utilize it for various purposes, including sending your information to “data processors” we work with.
G3 Translate is also a “data processor” of personal data provided to us by our clients. This means that if our clients send us personal data, the client is the data controller that determines how the personal data is processed. G3 Translate, as the data processor, can only process such personal data as directed by our clients.
As an employee of G3 Translate, you are part of the G3 Translate team and are required to follow appropriate procedures as we carry out our responsibilities as a data processor. You are also a data subject, which may confer upon you specific rights with regard to your personal data.
How do we process your personal data?
G3 Translate complies with its obligations under relevant data privacy laws, including the GDPR, by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The personal data that you provide (or have previously provided) to G3 Translate is stored in G3 Translate’s offices and its data center in the United States. As part of your employment with G3 Translate, we use your data to pay you, to provide you with benefits, to comply with tax and other employment-related legal obligations, and to facilitate business operations including access to email and other internal services.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your payment as a G3 Translate employee
- To provide you with benefits as part of your employment
- To calculate taxes and perform such employment-related reporting as may be required by law
- To maintain our own internal records
- To facilitate the management of G3 Translate’s global workforce
- To provide access to internal business systems and resources such a building access, access to email, access to computer systems, and access to 3rd party software platforms
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We are processing your personal information under several legal bases, including because it is:
- necessary for compliance with our legal obligations (e.g., complying with our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement)
- necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to satisfy our employment obligations to you) or to take steps to enter into an employment agreement with you
- necessary for our legitimate business interests (e.g., managing and facilitating a global workforce)
- necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
You are obligated by various laws and G3 Translate policy to provide your personal data in order to be employed at G3 Translate. Failure to provide such information may impact your employment arrangement with G3 Translate.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and may be shared:
- internally among G3 Translate employees who have a legitimate and limited need to access this information
- with certain 3rd party service providers who facilitate education verification and other background screenings
- to satisfy legal or regulatory obligations
- with clients who request or learn of such information during the course of their relationship with G3 Translate
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for our ongoing business relationship, for record keeping or regulatory purposes, and in case of any legal claims or complaints.
Your rights and your personal data
If you are an EU or United Kingdom citizen or resident, your rights under the GDPR include the following (unless subject to an exemption):
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which G3 Translate holds about you
- The right to request that G3 Translate corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary or otherwise required for G3 Translate to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that G3 Translate provide you, as the data subject, with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with governmental agencies or Data Protection Authorities as provided for in the GDPR.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Your personal data will be stored in G3 Translate’s U.S. headquarters, and in its data center in the United States.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Data Protection Notice, we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact:
Data Privacy Officer
Europe: +48 (22) 104 2990
To exercise your rights to data rectification, erasure, portability, access and/or restricted processing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.